Saturday, January 17, 2009

windmills

I'm in Denver right now for the Mountain Regional Barista Competition. It's been a lot of fun, and I've alreay competed today (first day, round one). I went overtime (over 15 minutes)... I spilled a couple of drinks and had to re-do them. The glasses for my signature drinks couldn't fit under the spouts... and when I tried to "force" them to fit, silly things happened, so I had to re-make them and change my drink-building strategy.

I did manage to squeeze everything in before I would get disqualified (over 16 minutes). Better than last year, I guess. I knew my time was a little tight toward the latter part of my presentation, but I just couldn't rush into not saying things that were necessary to say, or to cut short in other parts. I guess that was both good and not-so-good.

With that being said, I must post a photo of the windmills that I loved to see when driving back and forth from Salt Lake City and Denver. They are very beautiful, and I'm always excited when I see them.

windmills

No comments: