Wednesday, April 30, 2008

end of an era

For the past few days I had been listening to some of the KRCL hosts air their "final edition" shows. Some of the hosts had been with KRCL for a couple decades, and it was a little sad to hear that they were moving on.

KRCL is going under major makerover, and many of the shows have been moved around or removed at this moment. Our show will be moved to Wednesday mornings from 5-6 am. Yes I said 'AM'. I am hoping we will not only retain our current listners but also get some new ones. Since listeners can listen to the show with live streaming and as podcast archives, I'm still pretty optimistic about this whole station/program format change.

With that being said, I've been having a lot of fun editing and playing with our first recorded show that's going on air May 7th from 5-6am, and our program director Ryan has been so great and helpful. He's the best. There are still a lot of things that I still need to learn, and I'm really enjoying this experience.

But it's just like Joey said in Friends on the last night him and Chandler were roommates... "awww... it's huge ... it's like the end of an era!"

No comments: