Tuesday, April 01, 2008

they thought they could do it

Last night when I came back to the caffe (right around 10pm) I saw a group of high school-ish kids leaving the store from the back entrance, and a girl was telling a boy, "... He asked us to leave last time because we brought in outside food."

OK, from what I understand "He" should be John, and "asked (them) to leave because (they) brought in outside food" was totally what John would do when he saw people bring in outside food such as burgers & fries or a big sub into the caffe.

It's true. Some people think it's OK to bring hamburgers and french fries to coffee shops... that doesn't happen often, but it does occur. People shouldn't bring McDonolds to Takashi's, so why should they bring Burger King to an espresso and tea place?

There were a few times people brought in outside food, and we'd ask them to finish their food on our outside patio. We probably don't need to give any explanation, but the food smell does get trapped in the caffe, and it is very disrespectful to us and the other customers.

I don't mind getting an occassional, "Oh, they (John and I) are just snobby," or "Are they (John and I) serious?" or "Wow, I don't expect to be treated like this at a coffee shop." The one thing that bothers me (once in a while) is the fact that people think it's their right to bring and eat a hamburger at a local independent coffee shop. I just don't get it. Would they bring a BigMac and a large fries to Starbucks? Why or why not?

Apparently some shops do not mind when people bring in Chinese food or tuna salad... I don't get this either. You are a coffee shop for crying out load. I think sometimes these shops are where these customers' behaviors were learned.

We select the finest beans and roast them fresh to bring out the best flavors in the coffee. We study and perfect our espresso and coffee-making techniques. We source the best full-leaf teas and delicious bubble teas. So, NO, you can't have that Whopper inside my shop.

1 comment:

aikibarista said...

Hell Yea!