Saturday, April 05, 2008

kalle's creamed smoked roe

I'd seen these tubes of "Kalle's Creamed Smoked Roe" many times at the IKEA market but never wanted to try any. For some odd reason it sounded exciting and good last time I was there, so I bought a tube. Since I had never tasted "creamed smoked roe" I had to get the original kind.

kalle's creamed smoked roe
Yes I set it on Naicha and took a picture of it.


It has been in the fridge for a while.

I just wasn't quite ready to open and try it until yesterday. I didn't know what to expect. "Creamed Smoked Roe"? Was it supposed to be chopped up caviar? The once seemingly cool word "creamed" started to sound a bit weird.

I opened it and squeezed some onto a cracker.

To my surprise, it was delicious! It almost tasted a bit "fishy" first, but it really was not... just totally different than all of the cheesy cracker spreads that I'm used to.

kalle's creamed smoked roe on cracker
You can draw with the creamed smoked roe, too.


It's a bit salty to my taste, but I think it tastes great on butter crackers. I'm considering putting it on chicken nuggets or pizza... wonder how it'd go with them.

1 comment:

Double Happiness said...

I had mine on a toasted bagel...it was ok...salty like you said. Might try it in sushi like I saw on another website.