Thursday, May 08, 2008

root beer chicken wings

I made some root beer chicken wings and eggs. They were so delicious! We only had diet root beer at home, so that what I used in the recipe. I had always only used Coke to cook before, but I guess now I can use root beer in my recipes, too.

root beer chicken wings


Root Beer Chicken

14 chicken wings
8 boiled eggs
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 sake/rice wine
1/2 cup water
1 can root beer (or diet)
1 small pack of Chinese spices (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon dried chives
8 dried hot peppers (optional)

It's simple. I put everything in the slow cooker (crock pot) and cook on high for 4 hours and the chicken and eggs were ready. They were delicious. Since I put 8 dried hot peppers in with the recipe, the wings and eggs were spicy... and spicy good! You can leave out the hot peppers if you don't want your wings and eggs to be spicy.

The wings and eggs were really yummy after they were chilled, too. mmmmm.

No comments: