Tuesday, March 10, 2009

tofu knots and chicken

I may have said this too many times, but I love my slow cooker! It's so convenient to use, and the food (almost) always comes out perfect.

Sometimes I use different spices and ingredients to flavor the food I'm cooking, and other times I use ready-made sauces just because it's super easy to do.

I made some "tofu knots" with chicken thighs in my slow cooker the other day with Lee Kum Kee's Korean Barbeque Sauce. They are so delicious!

"Tofu knots" are made of tofu skin, and tied into knots. They usually come in dry form, and you just have to soak it in water for a couple minutes before using them.

tofu knots


I place 6-8 chicken thighs and soaked tofu knots in the slow cooker, pour in about 1/2 cup of the Korean Barbeque Sauce, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 2 chopped green onions, and enough water to cover most of the food ingredients. That's it! Cook the food on high for about 4 hours and the chicken and tofu knots are ready to go on rice. I also use the cooked sauce for noodles. Yumminess.

I *heart* slow cookers.

No comments: