Thursday, March 19, 2009

[Tokyo Fall 2008] Meiji Shrine: a wedding

The day we went to Meiji Shrine the temperature was dropping, and the rain kept coming down, but we still saw a small wedding taking place. It looked like a fairly private wedding, where there were the bride and groom, and their close family members.

meiji shrine
I belive this is the main Meiji Shrine.


There were a couple "side halls" by the shrine, where we saw this:

japanese bride
A bride wearing a traditional wedding kimono. I think the lady next to her was her mom, helping her get ready for a photo shoot.


japanese bride
All ready!


I wish we were able to take better photos of the beautiful bride.

wedding
The bride and groom, and families. I pulled out my camera a bit too late!


I didn't know exactly what was going on, but the wedding seemed quite, and everyone looked happy.

No comments: