Tuesday, March 17, 2009

[Tokyo Fall 2008] Meiji Shrine: Torii

We arrived at Harajuku Station on the rainy morning. It was wet, but I actually enjoyed the misty air all around me.

harajuku station
Umbrellas outside Harajuku Station.


We decided to go to Meiji Shrine first. We followed the signs, and turned right after exiting the station.

torii at meiji shrine
After crossing a bridge, we saw the first torii (gate to the shrines). It was so beautiful.


torii at meiji shrine


We saw many Torii(s). I believe Torii is the gate to the shrines, or sacred places. I don't quite remember how many we saw at Meiji Shrine (in terms of the whole big area,) but I loved looking and admiring every one of them.

torii at meiji shrine
Oh look at its colors... in the rain.


torii at meiji shrine
A smaller one.


torii at meiji shrine
I was very intrigued.


torii at meiji shrine
"Tranquillity."


There were many torii(s) big and small at Meiji Shrine, and I was amazed by every single one of them.

No comments: