Sunday, December 28, 2008

beefy dog biscuits - twisty sticks

We've been enjoying a lot of yummy food at home this holiday weekend, and I thought I'd make the dogs some yummy treats too.

I saw there was still a couple cans of low sodium beef stock in the cupboard, so I made them some beefy biscuits!

homemade dog treats


Beefy Biscuit Sticks for Dogs

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cups dry milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg
1 1/2 cups low sodium beef stock
some cornmeal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the flour, dry milk and garlic powder. Add the egg and mix everything together, and add the beef stock to make dough.

Mix in enough cornmeal to form a stiffer dough (so it's not sticky to the touch). Use your hands to "pick" the dough, a small amount at a time, and roll it with both hands to make little twisty sticks. (Or you can roll the dough out and cut it into shapes.)

Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. These sticks are really crunchy ( I think it's the cornmeal that's doing the trick!) I love hearing Nuki make loud noises when he eats these!

homemade dog treats
Hmm... beefy biscuits...

No comments: