Wednesday, December 17, 2008

[Tokyo Fall 2008] Shimokitazawa - part 2

A couple of days ago I mentioned I really enjoyed the cool little shops in Shimokitazawa, and since Japanese Yen was really "expensive" when we were in Japan, I tried to control myself as not to shop too much... hence I focused more on the interesting little things on the streets, buildings, and signages... hmmm.

There were many small weaving streets in Shimokitazawa, and with each turn there's something cool and fun to look at:

shimokitazawa
Lovely birds at the side of the street.


shimokitazawa
NOCE is usually a fairly "elegant-looking" furniture store... and in Shimokitazawa it was in a cool, more "indie" looking building. I believe they intentionally made the building look a bit run-down. (?)


shimokitazawa
Notice the cute little nordic(?) doll in front of the zakka shop?


shimokitazawa
Cute duckling cafe sign.


shimokitazawa
A zakka shop with red fence, a cute little coffee sign, and a bold red coffee and cake sign. The coffee shop was up the stairs on the right.


shimokitazawa
I believe the shop sells spaghetti. (!)


shimokitazawa
Cute Zoff (a glasses/contacts chain) sign. Cute cute cute.


Keio Inokashira Line
Even the Keio Inokashira Line sign at the Shimokitazawa station looked vintage, retro, and cool.


I love the streets in Shimokitazawa!

No comments: