Friday, February 20, 2009

asian meat sauce for noodles

I made some Asian meat sauce for noodles in the slow cooker (crock pot). It's really easy I think it's really tasty on noodles or rice.

meat sauce for noodles
OK I think I put a little bit too much meat sauce on my noodles.


Asian Meat Sauce for Noodles

1 lb. ground pork
1 package hard tofu (the "pressed" kind that's brown on the outside), cubed
2 T miso
2 T sweet flour sauce (optional - substitute with 2 T miso)
2 T chopped garlic
2 t Asian chili paste/sauce/oil
1/4 C rock sugar (crystals or chunks) or white sugar
1/4 C soy sauce
fresh ground pepper
enough water to just cover all ingredients in the slow cooker

I mixed everything in the slow cooker and cook it on high for 4 hours and it's done!

It's really yummy on noodles by itself. I also tried to boil some frozen broccoli while cooking the noodles and place it on the noodles before pouring on some meat sauce and it was really tasty, too.

No comments: