Saturday, February 07, 2009

watermelon

I haven't had watermelon for a long long time... back in Taiwan we'd have watermelon in both the supermarkets and traditional food markets all the time... and the watermelon would be either red or yellow depending on where they came from.

Ahhh. Watermelon.

The other day I saw some watermelon at the grocery store and decided to get one. These were medium in size and rounded. I was being very careful in picking the perfect watermelon. A couple years ago I bought one at Smithe's and it was rotten inside. Yikes! I had not since then purchased a watermelon until a couple days ago.

watermelon
Cut up in half.


"It's red inside!" I said. Back in Taiwan the really rounded watermelons were often times yellow inside.

This watermelon had a very crisp texture, which I love, but not very sweet. Overall it was a nice watermelon.

I remember watching some Japanese shows one time, where people mentioned how you can sprinkle a little bit of salt on your watermelon, which will enhence its sweetness in taste. I have not yet tried this method.

How do I eat a watermelon? I cut it in half and eat it with a spoon! My parents always let me do this when I was young, if we didn't have guests at home.

watermelon
Hmm... watermelon.

No comments: