Saturday, February 28, 2009

simple apple cake

I made a simplified version of apple cake the other day. It was a quite "thin" cake, and I made in my ceramic quiche dish. Seemed to work well.

apple cake
My first apple cake!


Simple Apple Cake

100 g. glour
1/4 t. baking power
1/4 t. salt
130 g. sugar
1 envelope vanilla sugar (vanillinzucker)
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1/3 c. butter, softened or melted (but not too hot)
1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 4-8 pieces

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix everything well. Pour into a baking pan. Use a fork or a knife to "mark" or cut (but not all the way through) the apple slices, place on the batter.

Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes. Voila!

You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar before serving.

apple cake


I was thinking, since the apple slices on top are the only apple element in the recipe, I can theoretically replace the apple with other fruit like peaches and possibly come up with a peach cake some time. We'll see.

Or, I can dice the apples and make the whole cake more apple-y.

No comments: